This is a go-to spring/ summer lunch in our house! These pancakes can be topped with anything you fancy – from roasted veg, to salad to curry. The anti-inflammatory turmeric and calming reshi will help you to relax, while the chickpea flour is high in protein, fibre and micronutrients and low in carbohydrates and calories. What’s not to love!
Top Tip: You can leave these to ferment overnight for added gut health benefits.
Golden Pancake Ingredients:
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup + tbsp water
- 1 tsp CALM.(or turmeric & black pepper)
- 1 tbsp oil
Roasted Veg (Optional):
- Chopped butternut squash, onion, courgette and peppers
- 1 tsp tamari/ soy
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Golden Pancakes Method:
- Blend together chickpea flour, water, CALM. and a large pinch of salt until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and once hot, add in your pancake batter.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the bottom becomes set and golden brown, before flipping that pancake and repeating on the other side!
- Fold and serve with veggies, hummus and avocado or the roasted veg & dressing.